
So I got this swing from someone who was done having kids and in the process of Philip and I moving we kind of left it outside. oops :-) Well I was having trouble moving all my stuff in because Hunter wanted to be held so much. So I cleaned up the swing and brought it in to see if it would work. Well it didn't. I would go by it every 30 sec or so and give it a good push because Hunter loved it so much and I could get alot more done.
Then I decided I would buy a new one that ran automatically. In the process of looking I became very frustrated and just decided that I would buy a replacement part and fix this swing. Well when I was trying to find the product number water came trinkling out of the top part. So I broke all of it down and got out my hair dryer to dry the parts. I tightened some wires and put it back together. Guess what...IT WORKS!! That saved me alot of money. But it does sound like it is going to die sometimes. Hopefully it will last for a long time. Here is a video of the swing working. Hunter loves it!! Especially that mobile, he will cock his head back and just stare at those animals.

2 comments:
Go girl! A thrifty girl- after my own heart. I am really impressed that you got it to work. I would have given up long before that. It looks like a really nice swing. You've got to love any contraption that buys you some time during the day. So, we totally need to get together and do Turbo Jam. Let's pick a day next week, even though I am sure it will kick my butt.
Hey good job babe! Way to be the handy man/woman. I'm glad you got it to work...those things are not cheap!
Post a Comment